BECTU Ritzy Cinema
Saturday 7 June, strike action
BECTU’s Executive Committee has called for a boycott of Picturehouse Cinemas
- in our Region: Brighton x 2; Bury St Edmunds; Cambridge; Henley-on-Thames; London x 5; Norwich; Oxford; Southampton
- we will be liaising with BECTU on this but in the meantime please alert your members about the boycott
- Thursday 12 June, strike action from 9am for 24 hours
- Saturday 21 June from 10am to 5pm
- 12-22 June – no voluntary overtime
Unite and GMB at EDF
- Unions are meeting ACAS, but industrial action dates set if no progress
- 16 June – indefinite work to rule
- 16 June – one day strike by Unite
- Two weeks of selective strike action
The SERTUC Executive Committee discussed promotion of the TUC’s national demonstration “Britain Needs a Pay Rise” on 18 October and agreed to produce an initial flyer for distribution to trade unions and trades councils
Download the PDF here: 18_October_Flyer
ONE HOUSING STRIKE TO PROTEST THE VICTIMISATION & SUSPENSION OF BRYAN KENNEDY UNITE CONVENOR
3 minutes walk from Chalk Farm Tube next to The Roundhouse
HACKNEY AND WESTMINSTER CARE WORKERS RALLY TO OPPOSE VICIOUS CUTS!
Look Ahead Attack their Workers Terms and Conditions Again!
Unite the union’s members in these vital mental health services who are already on low pay, received an average pay cut of 15% less than two years ago, and are now being asked to take a further 14% cut to their pay! Skilled posts are proposed to be deleted in a service which is already stretched to the limit. Their employer, Look Ahead Care and Support, is notorious for taking on services and slashing staff terms and conditions and quality for the clients they are contracted to support, whilst raking in public money for lavish executive pay rises.
The most recently available accounts of Look Ahead show 12% growth, reserves of £61 million and a £60 K pay rise for their highest paid executive. Hackney Council’s money must be spent on ensuring decent, safe and properly staffed residential care for vulnerable members of our community, not running down services to satisfy corporate greed. Come down to the rally and show your support! On Thursday, June 12th at 3pm, Hackney Town Hall
￼If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact:
Unite the Union Organiser Matthew Dore-Weeks on 07900160871 or senior shop steward Dominic Rollin on 0779552332.